About Me

My photo
You have found the official blog of B. J. Drye, editor of The Stanly News & Press (SNAP), your hometown newspaper. I have been hanging out in the SNAP newsroom since 1998 and have been editor since August 2010.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Macho Man

I just saw the news that Macho Man Randy Savage has died in a car crash.

Most people know that I have been an avid follower of wrestling forever. Macho Man was one of characters from my youth. His match with Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania III is one of the best ever. It is crisp, fast-paced. It happened to fall on the same card as the much-hyped Hogan vs Andre.

Macho Man had that voice and gimmick that could not be completely duplicated, and who can forget those Slim Jim commercials?

Anyone have any thoughts on the Macho Man?

No comments:

Post a Comment